As Senior Software Engineer, you will help us design, develop and maintain the applications and systems that power the uSell reCommerce marketplace. You will play a critical role in all product development initiatives at uSell, including mobile and web ecommerce services, bid management, dynamic pricing algorithms, marketplace logistics tools, and customer experience a/b testing. You will collaborate with the Product Team and business stakeholders in all stages of product development, from ideation to release.
- Design, develop, deploy and maintain high quality software solutions encompassing all layers of the architecture - web, services, service integrations, batch processes and refactoring current applications
- Practice Agile methodologies like Test Driven Development, pair programming, refactoring and peer reviews
- Be an active participant of the Scrum team, from backlog grooming and story estimation to design, development and testing
- Take ownership of overall product quality, actively participate in test planning and release management
- Design MVP solutions, create and validate Proofs of Concept for new ideas and initiatives
- Measure and improve effectiveness of the Scrum Team
- Support operations and customer care
- BS/BA or Masters Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent education/experience
- 3 - 5 years programming experience, preferably in building web solutions using Java and agile methodologies.
- Strong software design background, ability to iteratively and incrementally improve the quality of the product
- Passion for product development
- Analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- A strong desire to constantly learn and evolve
- Considering no task to be beneath you
- A deep desire to make things better
- A strong work ethic
- High standards, striving for excellence
- Open and honest communication
- Ability to accept and provide constructive feedback
uSell was founded with the mission to reduce overconsumption and help people live better by unlocking the value of waste. We believe that the current way that we consume, horde, and discard products is both inefficient and wasteful. We want to offer a better way. By enabling consumers to sell any high demand second hand good for the highest price with the least amount of effort, we make it easy to do the right thing. We extend the life of products by finding them a new home, and in doing so we enrich the lives of our sellers, our buyers, and those that are negatively impacted by the downstream impact of waste.